Celebrating German gastronomy and culture
" as it was Oktoberfest time who better than Peter, our award-winning German-born confrère, to host this traditional celebration at Heimat "
In 2022 Conseiller Culinaire Peter Find opened Heimat [Ed: translates as “homeland” in German], a modern German restaurant in Central’s Lan Kwai Fong Tower. Considered to be the ‘debut Hong Kong restaurant run by this veteran chef’, the restaurant in particular offers a selection of regional German dishes reinterpreted by Peter in a unique way.
Born in Bersrod, Germany, the culinary career of Chef/Owner Peter developed as follows:
- 1984 to 1994 worked in Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe.
- 1995 first moved to Hong Kong to be Executive Chef at Pierrot at the Mandarin Oriental.
- 2001 Executive Sous Chef at The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore.
- 2003 promoted to Executive Chef at The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa.
- 2007 Director of Culinary Operations at Wynn Macau and Encore.
- 2010 Opening Executive Chef at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, overseeing six restaurants with a team of 100 chefs.
With this pedigree and as it was Oktoberfest* time who better than Peter, our award-winning German-born confrère, to host this traditional celebration at Heimat.
He and his team worked hard to ensure we had a genuine Oktoberfest menu complemented by German beers and wines. Adding to the merriment was a band along with many surprises.
Members and their guests could definitely get in the festive spirit during the fun night of German specialities and entertainment. Chaîne camaraderie was much in evidence.
Member of the Conseil Magistral
* Ed. The original Oktoberfest is the world's largest “Volksfest” (a large free-to-enter event in German-speaking countries), held annually in Munich, Bavaria, from mid- or late-September to the first Sunday in October. It features a beer festival and a travelling carnival and has more than six million international and national visitors attending. Oktoberfest is an important part of Bavarian culture, having been held since the year 1810.
8/F, LKF Tower
33 Wyndham Street
Phone: +852 2881 1022